After determining the color of the walls and floor, but also the dominant line in the house, you can start choosing the furniture. Here’s what you need to know when choosing furniture for your home:
- Do not overload the rooms with furniture, choose less and better quality. It also leaves “white” (empty) space in each room, to give the feeling of an airy room.
- Take into account the proportions and opt for solid furniture for large rooms and vice versa.
- Choose a special piece of furniture for each room – such an armchair in the living room or bedroom, or this sofa that will give personality to any home.
- Guide yourself in the same style for the whole house. If you went for a vintage decor in a room, don’t deviate from this line for the other rooms. The goal is for the whole decor to be as a unitary whole and not to look like you entered another house every time you enter another room.
- The lobby should not be forgotten when it comes to furniture – in addition to the hanger and shoe rack, we recommend that you put here a table with an indoor plant, a bench with a few decorative pillows. Everyone will feel welcome if you place such objects in the hallway.
It is not enough to choose a few chandeliers and lampshades from a specialized store to have a tasteful decor. First of all, you need to be guided by the need for light in each room – in the bedroom you can go on a weaker light, while in the living room you need a lot of light, but coming from more corners.
It is very important to buy the lighting fixtures at the end, after the decoration has been outlined, so that you can make the best decision for your home. In the living room and bedroom, add alternative light sources – lamps, floor lamps.
When it comes to choosing the colors in the house, you need to know, first of all, the influence of each shade on your condition. Once you know these things, you will be able to find the most suitable shades for each room:
- Brown, beige, cream symbolize nature, strength and comfort and help reduce stress
- Orange symbolizes energy, vitality and optimism and helps stimulate appetite
- Green symbolizes health and mental balance and has a calming effect, helping to relieve stress
- Blue signifies peace, calm, confidence and helps to concentrate and increase productivity
- Purple is associated with royalty, wealth and wisdom and helps maintain harmony and mental stability.
- Red evokes strong emotions, warmth and passion and brings extra motivation when it comes to achieving a goal
- White signifies purity, innocence, openness and is excellent for creating the illusion of a vast space, larger than it really is.
- Black is a sober color that brings to mind authority and power
Choose the dominant palette based on this information and limit yourself to a maximum of 3-4 shades for the whole house, otherwise the decor will look loaded.